Body by Turkey – The Full Bird
By: Turkey Farmers of Canada
Lean in, workout & get your Body by Turkey! Today, we’re launching the Body by Turkey program, a YouTube fitness series designed to carve your body for summer. Hosted by former rugby player and Canadian fitness pro Phil Mackenzie, Body By Turkey is a four-part video series featuring recipes and workout ideas in the spirit of Mackenzie’s “leanmazing” brand, Lean Squad.
The online workout series, which will live on our YouTube channel (@Canadian_Turkey) is broken into four episodes:
- Wing day – Work those drumsticks and fuel up with Flourless Fried Turkey Wings
- Leg Day – It’s leg presses & pasta with Roasted Turkey Breast Low Carb Carbonara
- Breast Day – Lift, lower and lean into grilled turkey lollipops
- Full Bird – Muffin top out, ground Turkey Meatloaf Muffin recipe in
In the first episode, The Full Bird, Phil takes you through his go-to everyday full-body workout, paired with a delicious, protein-packed Turkey Meatloaf Muffins recipe, perfect for that weekday meal prep! Get the full recipe here:
Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
Serving: 1 muffin per serving
Yields: 6 muffins
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
– Half an onion (skin removed)
– 1 Red Bell Pepper (de-seeded)
– 1 jalapeno, stem removed (for extra spice, leave in seeds)
– 1/2 cup rolled oats
– 1 tsp ground cumin
– 1 tsp paprika (add more if you want them spicy!)
– 1 tsp dried oregano
– Salt & Pepper to taste
– 1 1/12 tsp yellow mustard
– 2 tsp garlic powder
– 454g ground lean turkey meat (1 pack)
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place onion, red pepper, jalapeño, in food processor and pulse several times until everything is in small pieces.
- Now add the rolled oats, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, mustard, garlic powder, turkey, olive oil and eggs. Process for 15-20 secs, or until mix is fully combined.
- Scoop out mix into greased, or nonstick muffin tray. Scoop about 1/4 cup of mix into each muffin.
- Bake the meatloaf muffins in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until muffins are golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Enjoy the tastiest, leanest and most moist turkey meatloaf muffins ever!!!
*Recipe by Phil Mackenzie – @leansquad